Shillong, a hill station in northeast India and capital of Meghalaya is famous for its indigenous ethnic tribe –Khasi. Their non-veg food is full of some unique spices and rice which they grow in a very pure manner. I collected this recipe from Cherrapunji Holiday Resort while was staying there for someday. This preparation is special as black sesame is used here and we seldom use this spice in our culinary culture.
Black Sesame – 50 gm. (put in a dry tawa and roast till a smell comes out, grind into a paste )
Chicken – 1 kg.
Onion – 250 gm (paste)
Garlic – 50 gm (paste)
Ginger – 50 gm (grated)
Green Chilli – 4/5 pieces (paste)
Garam Masala, Cumin Masala, Red Chilli powder, Pepper Powder, Turmeric — as required.
White oil – 3 tb sp.
How to cook:
- First, put oil in a pan, heat it then put the onion-garlic-chilli paste and fry it.
- Add all masala powder as required and add salt.
- Now mix the thoroughly cleaned and dried chicken pieces to this masala paste.
- Sauté in a medium flame till the oil separates. (10-12 mins)
- Add the sesame paste and sauté for 5 mins.
- Add 2 cup water to this and cover the pan with a lid.
- Let it boil for in a low flame and sauté it in between.
- Check the meat whether it is tender, switch off the oven.
- Finally, sprinkle grated ginger and serve with rice or roti.
To know about khasi platter, another recipe and something more about Khasi Food please click the link below to visit my site :
I am waiting for my friends to visit my site, to share articles you like and of course feel free to post your relevant comment at RoamMania.